Friday, February 11, 2011

'Email has become the new snail mail'


In this article she states that the shift from email to IM is creeping into the workplace communication.  I can completely agree with her on that. I've been with my current employer for 10years and I can remember when email was our main source of communication. Although we still use email we have a new application on our systems called QLink. This is an Instant Messenger system that is now our main form of communication.  I admit it's easier and a lot faster than email. I doubt we will ever stop using email because like the article mentions it's an excellent way to keep records and send mass emails.  But I must admit I'm excited to see what happens in the next 10years.

1 comment:

  1. WA Education Awards - nominations now open ... The State Government has released its 2016-17 State Budget including the budget for public education. textbook solution manuals

    ReplyDelete